The Administrative Assistant will support the work of the Place des Arts team in preparing / facilitating the operation of the new multidisciplinary arts centre in downtown Greater Sudbury.
- develop and maintain a centralized filing system for all Place des Arts files;
- develop an inventory of supplies and procurement processes for the future arts centre;
- participate in the compilation of current best practices in the development of sponsorships and partnerships for cultural products;
- research/compile current best practices in philanthropy and participate in the implementation of these practices to ensure the long-term retention of donors to the PdA;
- participate in the development of a recruitment guide defining the processes for welcoming, retaining and retaining volunteers;
- perform regular administrative or other related tasks;
- participate in the development process at Place des Arts.
- Ideally, completion of postsecondary education and a degree in business administration or other related fields. Graduates in the humanities and social sciences will also be considered;
- Have a good capacity in both written and spoken French and English;
- Have a good knowledge of the Internet environment and social media as well as Word, Excel, Access software;
- Have a good sense of organization and a demonstrated ability to work in a team as well as to work independently;
- Possess skills or knowledge of social media and platforms such as WordPress is an asset.
Candidate Criteria :
- University or college graduates who have graduated within the last three years from an accredited college or university are eligible. These individuals must be graduates of postsecondary programs. The position must provide the intern with a first job in their field of study.
- Candidates are eligible to participate in the internship program only once.
- Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Annual salary : $35,035
Duration: one year.
Qualified applicants should forward the following documents to Place des Arts du Grand Sudbury:
- A cover letter.
- A résumé.
Please submit these documents in French, the organization’s working language, to Léo Therrien, Executive director of Place des Arts du Grand Sudbury, by email at [email protected] by June 12, 2020 at 4 p.m.
For more information, contact Mr. Therrien by email, as above.
THIS EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY IS PROUDLY SPONSORED BY THE