- Due to its attractiveness, the Place des Arts significantly contributed to the development of Downtown Greater Sudbury; on an annual basis, more than 50,000 people visited one of its many spaces; the Bistro became one of Greater Sudbury’s favourite spots.
- The Francophone culture of Greater Sudbury is more dynamic than ever thanks to the many partnerships that were established with artists, organizations and institutions from the region and elsewhere.
- Artists and cultural and community workers chose to stay or return to live in Sudbury.
- The enriched cultural life helps increase the number of tourists who choose the Greater Sudbury region as a destination or an important stop.
- The Place des Arts is an open place for the whole community that serves a variety of users and audiences.
To find out more about the project, consult the Strategic Plan (in French) and the Summary of the Feasibility Study.
According to the Feasibility Study of 2015, with a group of fifteen regular users (of which eight are residents), the centre will be sustainable and proficient. The business model projects an excellent ratio of self-earned revenues:
- 70% in revenues generated by rentals & services;
- 30% of public funding, mostly from Arts Councils.